Sunday, May 10, 2015

Just For You, Ma

Dear Mama,
I post some weird shit on Facebook every year on Mothers Day for you.. This year is a little weirder than most, as you well know.
First off, I love you. More than you know sometimes, and more than I express or convey. I can be a royal bitch, and I know that. I'm sorry. I always thank you for giving birth to me, and putting up with my madness, but this year, I don't want to say thank you for anything. No, this year, I just want to say I'm proud of you. Proud of you for being so damn strong. Proud of you for the life you have lived fearlessly, even when you were scared to death. Proud of you for saying no,  even when I wanted you to say yes,and made you feel terrible when you didn't. Few people have people have ever stood up to me like you. Ma, I'm proud of you for trying to understand me during what is probably the most complicated and perplexing points in my life thus far. Most importantly, I'm proud of you for being a Mom, and a damn good one. Never doubt that, through the good times and the bad. I wish I could be with you this weekend, but I'll see you soon. I love you too much.
Always,
Sarah Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment