Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Stay Gold

Man, has it really been three years?
I love you, I have since I was thirteen. Listening to Pauls Boutique and License To Ill was probably one of the best things to ever happen to me. Look, my life is a ridiculous mess, but listening to the Beastie Boys is helping me get through it. The day you died, I almost couldn't breathe. I was sitting on a bus, going home to my empty apartment. I was already sad, and then  I found out you were gone. It was like I was in an old folks home and someone stole my oxygen. I thought I would fall apart. I did, I just cried really hard, then I went home and ate ice cream.  I know I don't know you, but damn that shit hurt. You were my John Lennon. Bodhisattva Vow was the business, that was beautiful, kind of like your soul. Very few people on this planet take time out of there lives to do the things that you've done.  Most people will never try to save Tibet with that kind of conviction. Some think that humanitarianism is dead, but I think we both know it's alive and well.
You will always have a place in my heart. And I know I'll see you someday. I'll make you sign an autograph in Heaven. (I'm pushy like that) I said it once, and I'll say it again. Stay gold my friend. See you on the other side. Oh, and to quote you.. There's more sides to me then you'll ever know. Maybe someday we'll sit down, have a cup of tea, and discuss it. I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment