Monday, May 11, 2015

#samelove

So, for the second time in six months, I got called a faggot lover. The first guy that did it, said it in person, and I clocked him, right in the mouth. Hey, it was right after a Muay Thai class, I was all amped up. The second guy did it on Facebook. And he's lucky I don't track him down and beat him until he becomes a Sarah lover.
 I hate that word. It's disgusting. It literally makes me sick to my stomach. There's other derogatory terms that bigots use, but I'll save that rant for another post.
 Look, I don't care about how you live, think, feel, or who you love. We are all the same. And we have to learn to get along. It's mandatory.
 I've heard a lot of people saying that being gay is a choice. Are you fucking kidding me? Yeah, I'm sure someone wakes up one day and says "You know, I think I want to be ostracized by friends, family, society and struggle to be accepted in general. Sounds like a plan."
 Uh, no. It doesn't work that way. If you've ever had a feeling deep in your heart that you just had to follow, a deep seated yearning that you just had to go after,then you should understand. Everyone just wants to be themselves. It's easy for me. I'm a straight, white, and almost middle class woman. No one is really discriminating against me. However, if you're gay, bi, transexual, transgendered, or anywhere on that spectrum, the struggle is real.
 They say haters wanna hate, but I'm sick of hate. So the next time you're thinking about using the word faggot, or anything similar, think about this....We all love, hurt, and cry exactly the same. We all want to be happy with someone, and it needs to be the love of our lives, regardless of gender. No one should ever feel ashamed of who they are,  or who they love. Don't like it? Swallow the pill, douchebag.

No comments:

Post a Comment